Has the following scenario ever happened to you: It was a romantic night with your girl. After sharing a bottle of wine, you decided to go straight to your pad for a night of fun and relaxation. Everything else was perfect and you wanted made sure it will stay that way.
Except that you didn’t last as long than expected, which ruined the entire night for your lady. That’s fine – it happens to every guy once in a while. But, if this has been happening on a regular basis, you’ve got a problem. The good news is there is a premature ejaculation cure to help you get through the night without being labeled as the “One Minute Man.”
Stick around to learn more about premature ejaculation, from the causes and symptoms, to some simple home remedies, and everything in between.
1. Getting to Know PE: Defining Premature Ejaculation
Did you know that approximately 30 percent, or one out of three men suffer from premature ejaculation at some in their lives? Since the numbers are so high, you could be one of them.
So, what is premature ejaculation anyway?
Premature ejaculation or PE is a common sexual complaint wherein you ejaculate too early. Depending on the country, culture and experts, an ejaculation is premature is when it happens anytime between 30 seconds to two minutes into sex.
If it happens once, there is nothing for you to worry about. It might be due to stress and exhaustion, but you will be fine the next day. However, it could be premature ejaculation if it happens regularly, and you meet the following criteria:
- Always or nearly always ejaculate within one minute from penetration.
- Inability to delay ejaculation all or most of the time.
- Develop a feeling of frustration and distress, which makes you avoid sex altogether.
The question most men ask is what causes PE. Why it happens is something you will find out in the next section.
2. Premature Ejaculation Causes: A Look the Why
Now that you know the meaning of premature ejaculation, the question now is this: what causes it?
Here’s the truth: the exact cause is unknown. However, experts are in unison in saying that premature ejaculation is a combination of biological and psychological factors.
Biological Factors for PE
If you suffer from PE, the first thing to do is rule out any of the following health problems:
- Existence of thyroid problems.
- Abnormal hormone levels.
- Inflammation or infection of the prostate.
- A history of erectile dysfunction.
- History of premature ejaculation in the family.
- Existence of medical conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Use of medications.
- Excessive intake of alcohol.
Psychological Causes of PE
Psychological causes are harder to treat; however, once you know what you are suffering from, you can start to cure your PE. They include:
- Anxiety, stress and depression.
- Traumatic past sexual experiences.
- Relationship conflicts and issues.
- Poor conditioning, such as masturbating quickly to avoid getting caught.
- Strict upbringing at home or in your society.
Here’s the good news: you can curb the situation and pass the “One Minute Man” hat over to someone else. The succeeding sections will tell you about the different premature ejaculation cures to help you say goodbye to PE forever.
3. Getting Ready: Preparing Your Trip to the Doctor for Diagnosis
If you ejaculate early for the first time, this could make you worried and alarmed. The good thing is you could forget about it the next day. If it happens again, then you might forgive yourself for not keeping up with the demands, although this could be alarming.
Here comes the third time. If it happens again, then it won’t hurt if you include a doctor’s appointment in your schedule.
A Few Reminders to Make Your Appointment Easier for You
It can be embarrassing and stressful to visit your doctor to talk about premature ejaculation, but the following tips can make the process easier for you:
- You are normal. It is okay to feel embarrassed, but don’t let that stop you from talking to your doctor. Surely, your doctor heard a lot of similar stories, so this is something not new to them.
- Be honest. Especially when discussing the symptoms, be truthful about what you experienced and your sexual history. This will help you doctor in diagnosing and connecting the dots as to why premature ejaculation is happening to you.
- Disclose your medical history. Include everything, even your mental health, since this could also be a reason for premature ejaculation.
- Get the information you need. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to your doctor, even if it is about premature ejaculation home remedies. They have heard it before and are prepared to answer all of your questions for you.
Speaking of remedies, below are the premature ejaculation cures available to you.
4. Deep Breathing Technique: Get Control Over Your Ejaculations
If you are not into meditation, then now is the right time to reconsider this option. Believe it or not, meditation, particularly deep breathing exercises could last longer in bed your arousal and tension, which may ward off those early ejaculations.
If you notice, short breathing often leads to a faster heartbeat and could trigger premature ejaculations inside the bedroom. To prevent this from happening, here’s what you should do:
- Shift from heavy breathing to deep breathing.
- Inhale for three seconds, then exhale for five.
- Do this pattern for five minutes without breaking the rhythm.
Once you mastered the art of breathing, apply this inside the bedroom to help you control your rhythm. The best part is focusing on deep breathing can build an intimate connection, which your partner will surely love.
5. Kegel Exercises: Not Just for Women, But to Stop Premature Ejaculation
Who says Kegels are only for women? Apparently, working out your pubococcygeus or PC muscles could help you a lot inside the bedroom. In fact, strengthening your PC muscles could enable you to control your ejaculation.
How to Do Your Kegels
Kegels start by raising your awareness of particular muscles:
- Start by locating your PC muscles. This is the muscle you use to stop urine from flowing. Do not stop and start your urine flow, just do this once to locate the PC muscles.
- Exercise your PCs. Contract and release your PC muscles alternately for 10 seconds.
- Create a schedule. Do this three times with 10-second break in between sets, three times a day. You can do them anywhere – while watching TV, while stuck in traffic, or even while working on your computer.
How can it help you control ejaculation?
When you are close to orgasm, simply contract your PC muscles to help you slow things down. Therefore, make sure to allow a few minutes of your time working out your PC muscles. The best part is you can do this exercise anytime and no one will even notice. Stronger PC muscles also mean stronger orgasms for you – a win win.
Wait, there’s more. Make sure to stick around and keep reading until the end to learn about the different techniques and the available cure for premature ejaculation.
6. The Stop and Start Method: An Ejaculation-Control Technique That Never Gets Old
When it comes to teaching yourself how to control orgasm, there is one technique that will never get old: the stop and start method. In fact, this is the simplest technique you can do with or without a partner.
Here’s how it works:
Stimulate yourself by masturbating or allowing your partner to touch you down there.
- When you are close to orgasm, stop the stimulation.
- Once the sensation has died down, stimulate yourself again then stop until you are about to reach climax.
It takes time and a lot of practice before you master this technique. Once you finally do, you can apply it inside the bedroom.
Here’s the issue with this strategy: this could be frustrating, especially for your partner. Once you mastered this technique, make sure you incorporate this smoothly during intercourse. By smoothly, this means taking advantage of your downtime by focusing on other sources of pleasure such as her ears, neck, breasts or genitals.
Apparently, it’s not enough that you master this technique. If you want to make sure that you will last longer in bed, there is another technique you need to master, which you will find out in the next section.
7. You Can Never Go Wrong With This Weapon Against Early Ejaculation
Another premature ejaculation cure you need to know and master is the squeeze method.
The squeeze method works almost the same as the start-and-stop technique. You have to stimulate yourself first until you reach the point of orgasm. The difference is that in this technique, you squeeze your penis to stop ejaculation.
Here is a step-by-step guide to illustrate the squeeze method better:
- Stimulate yourself until such time that you are about to ejaculate.
- Squeeze that area between the shaft and the glans just before you are about to come.
- Continue to squeeze for 30 seconds or until the urge dies down.
- Do the procedure three to five times to teach your body about the sensation and how to stop it.
- Once you are ready, go ahead and allow yourself to orgasm.
Just like the start and stop method, this can also be frustrating, especially when you do it with your partner. Unlike the first method where you can divert both of your attention to other sources of pleasure, the squeeze method could disrupt sexual activity and may affect your erection. In other words, it is more difficult to perform during the actual sex.
In case you insist on doing this technique during the act, then your ladylove should be in a superior position, so she could easily withdraw then squeeze your penis once you are about to come.
Let’s say you want the easy way out without resorting to these techniques? Don’t worry. There are other premature ejaculation cure options available for you, which you will learn more about below.
8. Choose an ED-Fighting Condom
Condoms are designed for the following purposes:
- To prevent unwanted or unintended pregnancies.
- To minimize your risks of contracting sexually transmitted diseases.
- To limit your sensations down there.
Aside from this, experts realized that there are people who need extra help inside the bedroom. These people include men with premature ejaculation issues. Many manufacturers took advantage of this demand, and they designed a condom to help you not just for the purposes mentioned above, but also to prevent early ejaculation.
This is where condoms with benzocaine come in.
Benzocaine belongs to the topical local anesthetics family, which numbs the nerve endings in your skin. This ingredient is placed in the tip of the condom to numb your skin and decrease your sexual sensation. At the same time, it brings your sexual response to a more manageable level, thereby minimizing ejaculation issues.
In case you are worried about less enjoyable sex, don’t. Using a condom with benzocaine may equate to lesser sensation, but this could lead to longer sessions inside the bedroom.
A piece of advice: try using this type of condom during your solo session. This will give you an idea on how it feels and how it works to see if this will come in handy in case the situation calls for it.
9. An FDA-Approved Medication You Can Use on Your Man Down South
Yes, you read it right. If you are in a monogamous relationship and hates wearing condom, then this technique might work for you.
Promescent is a topical spray you can apply to your penis 10 minutes before sexual activity. The lidocaine content in this premature ejaculation spray desensitizes your manhood to allow you to better manage your sensations during sex. The good thing about this product is that it absorbs below the skin where the nerve endings controlling your ejaculations are located. This could give you up to an hour of ejaculation control.
Since it is absorbed by your skin, you don’t have to worry about your partner’s sensations. It won’t affect her negatively as well, which is a win-win situation.
10. Comfortably Numb: More on Using Premature Ejaculation Cream
There are various reasons why you come too early. Whatever the premature ejaculation cause may be, one thing is for sure: there are strong sexual sensations down there.
The solution: keep it comfortably numb.
Previously in this article, you were acquainted with a premature ejaculation spray that promises to desensitize your penis. If you are not into sprays, then you might consider topical anesthetics or creams. These premature ejaculation creams contain lidocaine, or prilocaine, or oher numbing agents to reduce sensitivity. Just like the spray, you apply the cream few minutes before sex in order to suppress sensation and eventually delay ejaculation.
A Few Reminders Before Using a Numbing Cream
Before you try a numbing cream, you need to be aware of the following tips:
- Wear a condom if you plan to use premature ejaculation cream. Otherwise, the numbing effects will transfer to your partner.
- Many numbing creams are not FDA-approved.
- Be ready for side effects such as decreased sexual pleasure and a temporary loss of sensitivity.
- In rare instances, the numbing agent may cause an allergic reaction.
- Before using the cream during sex, make sure to try and test the product first.
Let’s say you don’t like creams, sprays, or Kegel exercises and yet you want to make sure that your man down south will cooperate, that’s fine. There are more premature ejaculation cures waiting for you below, so keep reading.
11. Premature Ejaculation Pills Could Save The Day
There is good news, even if you are the type of person who refuses to spread or spray anything down there. This next technique will surely help you. You guessed right – it is called premature ejaculation pills.
How is this type of pill different from the others in the male sexual enhancement pill family?
The answer is simple: it helps you last longer down south. The question now is what type of pills can cooperate with your manhood?
The truth is there are oral medications that treat a specific condition and at the same time, delay orgasm. Consequently, these medications were not approved by the FDA to treat PE, although there are doctors who prescribe it for issues down south.
Here are medications that could help against PE:
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) – You know that an SSRI is used to treat depression. Did you know that it could delay orgasm, as well? This is because an SSRI raises serotonin levels, which is also an inhibitor to sexual activity. You will also notice the difference when you take it everyday, although you should be aware of the side effects such as difficulty in ejaculation, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth and decrease in libido.
- Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors – There is a reason why Viagra and Cialis are FDA-approved. Aside from keeping your man up, they could also help in premature ejaculation. However, be prepared with the side effects like headaches, temporary visual changes, facial flushing, and nasal congestion, which are all common.
- Analgesic – Pain killer such as Tramadol may surprisingly delay ejaculation. You can also take a pill right before sex and it could send a signal to your brain that you are ready. Unfortunately, side effects include nausea, drowsiness, headache, sweating and indigestion, among others.
Aside from medical intervention, your lifestyle and current emotional state could also define whether you can prolong the session or not. The succeeding sections will talk about premature ejaculation home remedies and changing lifestyle choices to get your groove back in bed.
12. It’s All In The Mind: Distract Yourself to Help You Forget
Sometimes, your state of mind will define whether you can make it to the next round or not. All of the techniques mentioned above will surely help you prolong your sessions. Still, try this technique and see how it works: the power of distraction.
Surprisingly, distracting yourself can be helpful in delaying things inside the bedroom. To make this work, think of something not related to sex or your partner. It could be something funny, boring, or annoying, like Sam’s Beist in the musical series Glee. You can also try solving a math problem in your head or imagining you are watching a basketball game live.
Here’s the thing: make sure to keep your thoughts to yourself. You don’t want to mention a random number or a name of your girl classmate from junior high whom you shared a funny memory with, do you? It will surely ruin the mood.
13. Address Psychological Issues: Get Your Groove Back Inside the Bedroom
Stress, depression and anxiety – you might think that these are issues that concern only women. Believe it or not, this could affect you – and they will follow you inside the bedroom. The worst part is it will show in your ability to last longer in bed.
Therefore, take it easy. Allow yourself to relax and unwind occasionally. Go on dates with your partner, learn to say no when you feel you cannot accomplish anything, and rest in between. It won’t hurt if you spend time to rekindle your passion or discover a new hobby.
The bottom line is to find ways to combat psychological issues to help you get your groove back inside the bedroom. Don’t forget to take care of your body by eating healthy and working out regularly, as well.
14. Not Just The Doctor: Consider Talk Therapy in Getting Your Groove Back
Have you considered counseling as your chosen premature ejaculation cure? If not, then perhaps it’s time to reconsider.
During sex or talk therapy, you will be able to discuss any emotional or psychological issues that could affect your performance inside the bedroom. The good thing about this method is that you are talking to someone who won’t judge you. At the same time, they may be able to provide techniques and activities, which you can use to help you increase enjoyment during sex and make ejaculation less worrisome.
Your counselor might also prescribe medications in combination with talk therapy.
Should you do this with your partner? It depends. However, it is advisable that you involve your partner in the process to make them understand and become more aware of the situation.
This leads you to the next helpful PE tip.
15. Keep Your Relationship Intact With Honesty and Trust
So, you ejaculated early during sex again. It could be an embarrassing situation you don’t want to be in the next time. Out of fear and anxiety, you started to come up with tons of excuses to make sure it won’t happen again.
Here’s the thing: your sex life might go down the drain.
The best way to do reverse the situation is to keep your partner involved. Talk to your partner about the situation and find solutions to help you last longer inside the bedroom. Keep in mind that communication is important to help you overcome issues in bed. This translates to trust, as well.
In the meantime, make sure to take care of your partner. Increase your partner’s satisfaction through longer foreplay and oral sex. This may delay your ejaculation, but during the process, this will reduce your frustration and performance-related anxiety. Your partner will even love the extra attention.
Premature ejaculation is a common condition, but this doesn’t mean you should be complacent and do nothing about it. PE is treatable and manageable with the help of these 15 premature ejaculation cures mentioned.
More importantly, relax and be patient. Soon, you will pass the crown of being the “One Minute Man” to someone else.